You are ineligible for a PPP loan if, for example:
i. You are engaged in any activity that is illegal under Federal, state, or local law;
ii. You are a household employer (individuals who employ household employees such as nannies or housekeepers);
iii. An owner of 20 percent or more of the equity of the applicant is incarcerated, on probation, on parole; presently subject to an indictment, criminal information, arraignment, or other means by which formal criminal charges are brought in any jurisdiction; or has been convicted of a felony within the last five years; or
iv. You, or any business owned or controlled by you or any of your owners, has ever obtained a direct or guaranteed loan from SBA or any other Federal agency that is currently delinquent or has defaulted within the last seven years and caused a loss to the government.
The Administrator, in consultation with the Secretary of the Treasury (the Secretary), determined that household employers are ineligible because they are not businesses. 13 CFR 120.100.
Section 2(b) of April 3 Guidance
- What certifications need to be made for PPP?
- What happens if PPP loan funds are misused?
- How can PPP loans be used?
- What forms do I need and how do I submit an application?
- Do independent contractors count as employees for purposes of PPP loan forgiveness?
- Can my PPP loan be forgiven in whole or in part?
- When will I have to begin paying principal and interest on my PPP loan?
- Is the PPP ‘‘first-come, first-served?’’
- Can I use e-signatures or e-consents if a borrower has multiple owners?
- Can I apply for more than one PPP loan?
- What will be the maturity date on a PPP loan?
- What is the interest rate on a PPP loan?
- Do independent contractors count as employees for purposes of PPP loan calculations?
- Is there anything that is expressly excluded from the definition of "payroll costs" for the PPP?
- What qualifies as ‘‘payroll costs’’ for PPP?
- SBA Guidance Lookup
- April 28, 2020 PPP Interim Final Rule, Seasonal Employers
- April 27, 2020 Guidance Memo, XML File Submission Process for Paycheck Protection Program
- April 24, 2020 PPP Interim Final Rule, Promissory Notes, Authorizations, Affiliation, and Eligibility
- April 14, 2020 PPP Interim Final Rule, Additional Eligibility Criteria and Requirements for Certain Pledges of Loans
- April 3, 2020 Privacy Impact Assessments
- April 3, 2020 PPP Interim Final Rule
- April 3, 2020 PPP Affiliation Interim Final Rule